Greetings to all: We thought it might be time to put our pix and notes in a central repository. We have really enjoyed our time here in Australia. Sydney in particular is amazing. It is such a stunning city with so much to offer. We keep finding little treasures in and around our neighborhood and we hope to find more in the city before we leave. We are grateful for this opportunity and hope you enjoy our pictures and notes as much as we've enjoyed our stay. xoxo, Ingrid & Haydn

Monday, May 01, 2006

Not sure if you heard, but I grazed the side of a woman's car and ended up demolishing her driver's side mirror (on the right). The passenger mirror on the rental car I was driving did not have a single scratch on it (thank goodness!). Unfortunately it was a German Holden so the mirror had mechanical bits and cost over $500 to replace. Not good. For the record, it is hard to judge the left side of the car as an American driver. Likewise the lane I was in was quite narrow and there was a car coming the opposite way so I didn't have any room to move over. Yes, it was my fault, but I'd also like you to take note of this picture and how all of the cars are pulled up tight to the curb (because the road is SO narrow) ... except for the gold Holden wagon. So, she is poking out into the street a bit further than everyone else. It was also interesting to see that a month after I paid to fix her mirror, her mirror was again cracked and hanging from the door, and then a month after that I noticed she had pulled her mirror in and was hugged up against the curb. The slightest of vindication for me - I'm not a total dope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home